Thanksgiving Dinner Donations Needed For Families in Orland Park, Orland Hills, and Tinley Park
Thanksgiving dinner drives aren’t anything new, nor are partnerships in donation drives, but to me it’s news that Orland Township Food Pantry is partnering with Jewel-Osco food stores this year, to provide more than 300 local, low income families with a turkey and all the trimmings for a complete Thanksgiving dinner.
100% of all donations will go toward buying a Thanksgiving Dinner.
All money given at the door or at the register of a Jewel Osco will go toward providing a Thanksgiving Dinner, with side dishes, for up to 300 families in need in the Orland Township community.
The beauty of this partnership to me is that our family and most in the Chicagoland area, regardless of north, south, east, or west, shop for our groceries at Jewel Osco. To be transparent we shop at least 75% at Jewel Osco, and the other 25% is a combination of Target, Mariano’s, Wholefoods, and Butera—in that order. So the pretty much most popular grocery store is making it super easy for donors to donate and the food pantry to raise funds in a big way.
For you newbies, Orland Park, Orland Hills, and Tinley Park comprise of Orland Township.
Donations can be made at the registers of the Jewel-Oscos located at:
- ? 9350 W. 159th St., Orland Park.
- ? 17930 Wolf Rd., Orland Park.
Volunteers Needed Too!
Orland Township is also seeking volunteers to help get the word out by handing out information and collecting donations at local Jewel stores.
Volunteer shifts began Thursday, Oct. 1 and continue through Wednesday, Nov. 25.
If you have time or know of someone who would like to partner with Jewel and Orland Township Food Pantry to make this Thanksgiving Holiday Dinner a happy one, click one of the links below for the Jewel Osco closest to you:
Need To Know For Volunteers
Stop at the Customer Service desk to pick up a lanyard, Turkey Bucks information slips to hand out, the money bucket. You stand inside the store near the doors and hand out the Turkey Bucks slips and let people know that they can help make a difference for a family in our community this Thanksgiving.
Volunteers are to turn in all money received from volunteering to the customer service desk to be counted. A receipt will be given of the total raised to each volunteer. Volunteers then must take a picture of the receipt and email to [email protected].
To learn more about all the annual donation drives, here’s the link to that info page on the Orland Township website: https://orlandtownship.org/food-pantry-donation-drives/