Yummy Style Barbecue Chicken Omelette Recipe — Tinley Park Dad
This hearty breakfast dish is sure to please anyone who is looking to jazz up their breakfast routine. This omelette is a delicious mixture of savory and sweet (or spice if you prefer it that way). It does take a bit longer to cook so be prepared to stay a while but it is worth it!
Tinley Park Dad BBQ Chicken Omelette Recipe
- Raw chicken breast (1/4 or 1/6 of a breast)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Diced Onion (onion powder can work too)
- 1 pressed clove of garlic (optional)
- Barbecue sauce
- 1 handful of cheese of your choice (we used taco blend)
- 1 scallion
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, onion powder (if you do not have onion), salt and pepper. With a whisk, combine ingredients until they are a soup like mixture
- On a cutting board, take chicken breast and press it with your hand. Take a knife and while pressing the chicken, make a horizontal cut in the middle of the chicken. Keep cutting until you have cut through 3/4 of the chicken and then stop. Remove your hand and then open the chicken breast up like a book. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Take some olive oil and heat it in a small pan. Once the oil is hot, add chicken. Cook (flipping after about 4-5 min) until internal temp reaches 155. Remove from pan and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, thinly slice a scallion separating greens from whites. Add whites to egg mixture. In the same pan used for chicken, add the butter and melt it – covering the entire surface. Add diced onion (if you did not use the onion powder) cook for 2 minutes. Add whites and pressed garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute
- Add egg mixture to the pan. Let cook for 2 minutes. The soupy mixture should start solidifying. Before it does fully, add in the cheese. Cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Return your attention to the chicken, cut it into strips. Then brush them with barbecue sauce. Add them to the omelette
- Flip one section of the omelette over such that it covers the other half. Let cook for about 1 minute more
- Flip the omelette over and cook on the other side for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from pan and serve with scallion greens on top.