Oven French Fries Recipe
Since my daughter has really gotten into french fries, I have been trying to perfect my french fries recipe. The traditional way would be to deep fry them, however, using that much oil has never really sat with me very well. I’ve been experimenting with many different ways, even going as far as getting a french fries cutting blade for our cuisinart and getting an air fryer!
How To Cook French Fries In The Oven
After going through many attempts but I’ve found a sure fire method that my family loves. The crispy outside with the soft, fluffy inside is very consistent with this method. To achieve this, you will need to following ingredients.
Oven French Fries Recipe Ingredients:
- Russet Potatoes (1 per person)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 quarts of hot water
- Olive oil
- French fries seasoning
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Steps To Cook French Fries In The Oven
- Start by bringing the water to a boil.
- Add the baking soda to the boiling water.
- Peal the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes into large steak fries like dimensions.
- Add the french fries to the boiling water.
- Boil the french fries until fork tender —DO NOT overcook them as they will become fork tender really fast. I usually leave them in for only 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain the french fries in a colander.
- Let the french fries “sweat” (as in don’t touch them and let the steam escape) for 5 minutes
- Pre heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the french fries, olive oil, and french fry seasoning. lightly stir to ensure the french fires are covered with the seasoning and oil.
- Grease a baking sheet and add the french fires on a single layer.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip the french fries to allow for the other side to cook flat against the pan. Add more oil if needed and return to the oven.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or pull them out sooner if you are noticing they hit the golden brown color.