Best Way To Cook Salmon
I’ve always enjoyed salmon. It’s a very flavorful, buttery fish that when made right can really dazzle your tastebuds. I’ve tried grilling salmon, pan frying salmon, putting salmon in the oven at a low heat with pesto butter on top, and even pan searing salmon before sending it to the oven. But this way I’m about to share with you, has by far surpassed my expectations. So if you have a little time to prep your salmon, get ready for this method, because I’m probably not going back!
Best Way To Cook Salmon Instructions:
- 2 Salmon Fillets (with skin on one side preferably)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning of your choice (I chose Italian)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This method is a wet brine of the salmon fillets. Don’t worry, it’s not too difficult to do and once you try it with salmon, I’m sure you’ll want to give it a go with chicken!
How To Do The Wet Brine:
- First salt the salmon fillets generously.
- Then add them to a bowel and add just enough water to cover them completely.
- If you have a large bowl, feel free to add a bit more salt.
- Let the salmon fillets stand for a minimum of 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the salmon fillets have brined, removed them and pat them dry.
- Add the fillets to a pan with a drizzle of olive oil heated to a medium heat skin side down. (Do not add to a cold pan!)
- Season the top of the salmon with a bit more salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you would like (I chose Italian seasoning in this scenario).
- Cover the pan with the salmon and let it cook for 6 minutes on the stove at medium heat.
- Uncover and flip the salmon and let it cook for another 6 minutes covered on medium heat.
- Remove the salmon fillets and let rest on a plate for 3 minutes.
It is OK for the inside to look a little underdone—that’s actually where the buttery flavor is. You do want the ends to flake, but the inside to have that dark pink juiciness.
And that is the best way I found to cook salmon in a pan!
It’s very simple and delivers all of the flavor for a quick meal at home. You can add Rice Pilaf and some veggies to complete this meal all in about 30 minutes!