How I Keep Up With Social Media and Tech Trends As A Parent
How’s a mom to keep up with tech and social media changes? The one go-to that never fails for me is: my Product Hunt newsletter subscription. You can visit the site for updates too: https://www.producthunt.com.
Quick Timeline Of The History Of Social Media Networks
Here’s a quick and spiffy rundown of the evolution and major changes in social media from me, a mompreneur with her own digital agency.
- 11/17/2020: Twitter launches Fleet, a response to Instagram and Facebook Stories & Snaps (Snapchat).
- 8/5/2020: Instagram launches Reelz, response to TikTok.
- 3/28/2017: Facebook launch stories response to Snapchat’s Snaps.
- 9/2016: TikTok: a descendant of Vine
- 8/2/2016: Instagram launches Stories, a response to Snapchat’s Snaps.
- 3/26/2015: Periscope, long-form livebroadcasting.
- 9/2011: Snapchat, ephemeral highlights from your life.
- 2/4/2004: Facebook, descendant of Friendster.
- 3/22/2003: Friendster is launched.
- 1976-1983: The beginning of operational discussion forum, boards and chatrooms, which started internet forums like social media.