Geoff Fresh Style Pizza Recipe — Tinley Park Dad
I’ve really started to get into cooking lately and the food item of choice that my family continuosly says I do the best at is pizza. My 2 year old daughter requests it the most so I’ve had the most practice with it. Pizzaaa Pizzaa – she loves to say! And I love to see her pick up her own slice and enjoy every bite of it. Well sometimes she shares some with our puppy —Samantha.
Tinley Park Dad Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup of hot water (110 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- Combine all of the dry ingredients above in a food processor with the dough setting turned on.
- After you have combined the dry ingredients, turn off the food processor. slowly add in the hot water. Then add in the olive oil. Pulse the food processor to combine and once you have small flakes of dough forming, turn the processor on full until you have a single large dough ball.
- Remove the dough ball and place in a bowl uncovered. Drizzel a bit of olive oil on top and rotate the dough so the oil gets everywhere. Place on countertop for 3 hours or more.
- Preheat your oven to 450° and place the pizza stone inside to warm for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven and place a small amount of flour on it (be careful it will be hot).
- Stretch the dough to go just over the sides of the stone (do not roll).
- Put about 4 – 6 spoonfuls of pizza sauce in a small bowl (about half of a jar).
- Using a garlic press, press one clove of garlic into the sauce. Mix well.
- Coat the dough with pizza sauce using the back of a spoon.
- Add toppings like sliced chicken breast (sandwich style), bbq sauce, pepperoni, onion etc. Then cover with an entire package of shredded mozzarella cheese. Place just cheese where the crust will be.
- Gently roll the crust back over the edge so it is not drooping over the side anymore to cover the cheese.
- Generously add Parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add seasoning – Italian seasoning or whatever seasoning you would like (onion powder, garlic powder, ETC)
- Bake the pizza at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- When it’s done, take pizza out of the oven and let it rest on the stovetop or about 5 minutes. You should be able to move it off the stone if need be.
- Brush some melted butter onto the crust while resting.
- Cut and enjoy!