Where Tinley Park Property Taxes Go – Distribution Pie Chart
Where exactly do those dollars go?
Everyone who owns property in Tinley Park pays taxes on it, but if you’ve ever wondered how those dollars distributed, click here for a by-township breakdown.
On average, 12% of your property tax bill goes to the Village of Tinley Park, with 9% going to your county and township, 4% to your park district, and 3% to the Tinley Park Public Library. Most of your tax bill – 72% on average – goes toward education, which includes local elementary and high schools, as well as community colleges.
While these percentages might fluctuate by a few points depending on which township you call home and which of the many school and park districts you’re served by, they are overall fairly consistent.
For that 12%, which is on par and in some cases less than what those in our neighboring towns pay, Tinley Park residents get a great community to call home. Tinley Park is a vibrant town with a thriving music scene, fun yearlong events, top-notch Village services, a dedicated staff of employees and hundreds of unique, high-profile businesses, all funded through diverse revenue streams. And the future looks even brighter thanks to dozens of new developments and a refocused branding campaign that will bring outside dollars into our community.
No matter what way you slice the pie, Tinley Park is a great place to call home! For more information on property taxes, including a by-township breakdown, visit the Tinley Park Property Taxes page on the Village’s website.
- Cook County Property Tax FAQs (TY 2014)
- Will County Property Tax FAQs (TY 2014)
- Village Property Tax Rates (2011-2020)
- Overlapping Property Tax Rates (2011-2020)
- Total Property Tax Rates applicable to Tinley Park by Tax Code (2011-2020)
- Assessed Value by Property Classification (2011-2020)
- Graph of Village Equalized Assessed Value (2011-2020)
- Graph of 10-Year Change in EAV by Property Class (2011-2020)
- Graph of 10-Year Change in EAV by Township Quadrant (2011-2020)
For more information, read Other Taxes and Fees and Per Capita Taxes.
The Village of Tinley Park straddles two counties: Cook and Will. For this reason, real estate information varies depending on the location of your residence. Please use the resources on this page to learn more about your specific property taxes.
- Cook County Assessor
- Cook County Board of Review
- Cook County Property Taxes – Payment Status Updates
- Cook County Treasurer